Sunday 12 October 2014

AMT/ROUND 2 USS DEFIANT as seen in 'THOLIAN WEB' 1/650 scale Update #4 FINAL REVEAL

Finally at long last, this build is complete!!

Greetings, it's been a busy summer and looks like a busy fall too.  This build I finished a while back but haven't had the time to properly post about it.  This model came together fast as soon as the remaining decals were in place, plus weathering.  Here is the result with the stand.








Just with the internal lights...


Internal and black light


The Tholian Spinners


Finally, in daylight.



In putting the decals on, I chose to add a few extra touches such as docking ports, different window arrangements on the saucer rim, and extra markings with the name Defiant and NCC-1764.  I rationalize being 1764 vs. 1701 there could be a few upgrades.  Here is just the Defiant on her own.




(This shot reminds me of the box art on the original AMT 18" Long Box kit released in the 70's...a collector's item now)







That wraps up this project.  I will soon be wrapping up my retro Tesla blog too and have already started new project.

Happy model building!!

(...and for my Canadian friends, Happy Thanksgiving!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment